Intro to House Dance: People, Music, Movement
3-hour knowledge & dance workshop
Taught by Jasey
DATE: Saturday 27th November 2021
This workshop is for anyone looking for a deeper dive into House dance, an understanding of its origins, the music and people involved in the culture. No prior experience is necessary.
– Overview of the history of the origins of the dance, the places, and movements that contributed to the creation of House culture.
– Understanding the sound of House and a look into the different genres, sub-genres of House.
– Highlighting important figures in respect of the dance overall and within the local community.
– House grooves, origins of the ‘jack’
– House dance foundations and connections to Hiphop
– Flow and transitions
– Dance drills, steps and games
– Sharing and exchanging, developing and finding your own approach
– $30 per participant, limited spots available.
– No drop-ins will be allowed on the day.
– Participants must be fully vaccinated to attend.
– All COVID-19 safety requirements will be enforced and must be followed.
Email us at email@example.com for any queries or concerns.
Supported by City of Sydney
Crossover Dance Studio is a COVID-safe business.